What makes me happy?
I get the feeling this one and the next one, what makes me sad, are going to be the sort I’ll come back and add to as I think of more things, so I’m just going to start it off and begin listing.
- YOU. You make me happy when you come and read my blog, and even MORE so when you leave a comment!
- My kids. They have grown to be amazing people – every one of them – and although I don’t spend much time with them (or anyone else for that matter, not in person…) I love them all and wish them the very best no matter what they’re doing in life.
- Our cats, even though I miss having a dog. The cats make me smile – even laugh at times. Their antics are adorable, and nothing is more soothing than a good purr.
- Good weather. For me, this means 70-75° F with a light breeze and blue skies or puffy white clouds. This is the perfect day for driving, and if the humidity is low, it’s also a great day for me to be outside. With COPD I have to be careful about the time I spend outside of climate-control.
- Writing. I had fallen away from it, but my passion has dragged me back to its embrace with a fierce sense of necessity and urgency. I have not written any songs for a while, but I have spent more time writing or revising articles, blog posts, product descriptions, website copy, resumes and other ghostwriting assignments. This is bad, in a way, because I don’t get a byline, but it’s also good: because it helps me to pay my bills! In addition to writing, I have now begun to cut my teeth as an editor as well, so I guess I’m moving on to the next level.
- Driving. I love to drive, which is why rideshare driving is a good fit for me. However, I prefer road trips with friends or solo to picking up random strangers. I also prefer to drive something larger than my 2018 Corolla, but I’m very happy to have a car at all.
- Technology. I love the 21st Century and the Internet! In 1999 when we got our first computer, I took to the computer and Internet like a duck (or fish!) to water. In fact, the fish analogy may be more apropos, because until I went online for the first time, I felt like a fish out of water. I think THIS is my element.
I’m certain I will come back and add to this list, as I stated before. But what about you? What makes you happy? Answer or link to your answer in the comments below!
That’s it for today, are you doing the 30 Day Blogging Challenge?