What makes me sad? A lot of things do. But I can guarantee that you are not one of them. I’m happy to have you visit here, and pleased to make your acquaintance if I may.
But this is about what makes me SAD. So here goes:
- The fact that no matter what we all do, we’ll never all just get along (in the world) because we have opinions, experiences, and views that are diametrically opposed and therefore cannot be reconciled.
- Loss of loved ones, including pets.
- Loved ones moving far away. This also includes the “shut out” outsider feeling I get which is the primary reason I retreat and keep to myself. (OTOH I do enjoy my solitude. It helps me write more.)
- When people ask for my advice, fail to take it, then wish they had listened to me. Likewise, when people give me advice I fail to take and wish I had.
- When I don’t feel heard. In fact, in this case – sadness gives rise to frustration, which gives rise to anger, which gives rise to RAGE. This sequence seldom reaches the end stage, but when it does, you can be sure I didn’t just jump from sadness straight to rage. The progression is ALWAYS the same. Unfortunately, the place this has most often happened is in the hospital – where they see the rage as a sign of mental illness. It is really a manifestation of my anxiety, but the anxiety is also exacerbated by the behavior of hospital staff.
- Injustice to others, when I read about it or see it firsthand. This relates to item #1.
- Not having my basic needs met, and running so fast on the “hamster wheel” just to try to keep from getting sucked down the proverbial drain.
- When nobody comments on my posts.
What about you? What makes you sad? Answer or link to your answer in the comments below!
That’s it for today, are you doing the 30 Day Blogging Challenge?